A lavish Gala Dinner was held at the Royal Orchid Sheraton in Bangkok on Saturday night, to announce the winners of the 2007 Thailand Property Awards. More than 350 of Thailand’s real estate elite were in attendance to celebrate the award.
A three phase process is used to determine the winner in each category:
First, the real estate industry were invited to nominate companies in the 12 categories. Nominees could not nominate themselves, nor nominate in a category where there may be a conflict of interest. This phase closed on 31st August with over 260 nominations received.
Secondly, all nominees were contacted by the organizers and invited to enter. The entry procedure was done online with each entrant having secure password-protected access to ensure privacy. No entry fee was involved. This phase closed on 31st October with 112 entries received.
Lastly, a team of 22 judges selected from different disciplines in the industry, were given secure password-protected access to their private judging areas online. Different Judges were selected to judge on different awards to ensure no bias and conflict of interest, and Judges were selected from around Thailand to a ensure fair representation of different market segments. This last phase closed on 18th November.
The final winners were:
- McEvily & Collins Best Developer, won by Raimon Land PLC. (Bangkok)
- Best Boutique Developer, won by Dhevatara Properties Co. Ltd. (Samui)
- British Chamber of Commerce Thailand Best International Agent, won by CB Richard Ellis (Thailand) Co. Ltd. (Bangkok)
- Best Thailand Agent, won by Samui Villas & Homes Co. Ltd. (Samui)
- Best Resort Villa Development, won by The Yamu. (Phuket)
- Vivaldi PR Best Urban Condo Development, won by The Legend. (Bangkok)
- Best Resort Condo Development, won by Royal Phuket Marina. (Phuket)
- Lighthouse Club Green Development Award, won by: West Sands. (Phuket)
- Gaggenau Best Architect, won by Woods Bagot (Thailand) Ltd. (Bangkok)
- Best Interior Designer, won by S.O.D.A. Sachdev ODell (Thailand) Co. Ltd. (Bangkok)
- Best Agent Website, won by www.siamrealestate.com. (Phuket)
- Best Development Website, won by: www.theriverbangkok.com. (Bangkok)
“The 2007 awards saw a very high level of competition and the winners truly deserve this recognition. There was a good spread of winners from around Thailand, with strong showings from both Phuket and Samui, as well as Bangkok,” said Duncan Worthington, Managing Director of organisers Ensign Media Co. Ltd.
“Thailand’s real estate industry has faced a number of challenges this year with growth being slower than previously expected. However, the success of the 2007 Thailand Property Awards and acknowledgment of the winners by their peers here tonight is a good indicator of the underlying quality and dynamic of the industry throughout the country,” added Worthington. A charity auction was held during the Gala Dinner with all the proceeds going towards building a school for orphans at the Mercy Centre . The auction raised 764,000THB with Raimon Land offering to donate the balance needed to reach the 1.5 million THB target.
A more detailed report and photo gallery is available here.