So you want to buy that villa a few metres from a golf course in a hot, exotic country and are not quite convinced why to buy…here are Golf Homes Worldwide Magazine’s ten reasons to invest in a golf property:
- A good investment. The lifestyle factors are important when planning a property purchase however the financial aspects are key. The benefit of purchasing on a course is that the demand for golf property remains high, providing an exit from the market at any point. Buying a property off-plan will also usually result in significant capital gain by the time the course has opened.
- Money earner. There is excellent holiday rental potential both in the domestic and foreign markets as the popularity of golf continues to grow. On some developments rental returns of up to 6% per annum are offered (for a set period of time after purchase).
- Year-round use. Buy a property in a country such as Spain, Dubai, Florida or South Africa and not only will you be able to make the most of your property all year round but you would also have the option to rent it out 365 days a year.
- Value for money. Compare average property prices in the UK of £200,000 to just about anywhere else in the world and you can get so much more for your money if you buy overseas. Plus, how many opportunities are there to buy on a golf complex in the UK?
- Not just golf. If you love golf but your partner doesn’t, never fear. There are plenty of other distractions to be found on site. Choose from tennis, football, volleyball, basketball, swimming, gym and beauty spa.
- Family fun. Most golfing communities are very child-friendly. Look for courses and clubs which have children’s play areas and swimming pools. If you have very young children look for those places with an on site creches to enable you to hit the holes without interruption!
- Living on the green/community living. Enjoy the pleasure of community living, where everyone you meet will be fellow golfing fans and where you’ll always have something to talk about – golf!
- Amenities. Most sites have their own bars and restaurants but some even have their own shops and cinemas so you never have to leave the grounds. Perfect for a hassle free break.
- Different culture. Experience the sport you love in a completely different culture where you can enjoy the “vie difference”!
- Retirement. Buy your golfing property to enjoy now as a second home with the thought that it could be somewhere to retire to when the time is right.
Visit UK’s first golf property exhibition (free entry) on the 17th & 18th of March 2007 at the East Sussex National Golf Resort & Spa, showcasing a select choice of agents and developers offering international golf properties with world class courses endorsed by professional golfers like Jack Nicklaus, Gary Player, Tiger Woods and Ian Woosnam in countries such as Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, the Caribbean, Cyprus, Dubai, Egypt, Florida, France, Germany, Italy, Morocco, Portugal, South Africa, Spain including the Balearic and Canary Islands, and Turkey, as well as independent legal, financial and investment experts.
- Golf drives Spanish property market [Assetz News]