The first major overseas property event for the Autumn season took place in the centre of Moscow 01&02 October when the 7th Moscow International Investment Show saw more than 6,400 unique visitors pass through the doors to meet with the 172 participating companies representing 30 countries.
As the main media sponsor, International Residence, Russia’s leading overseas property magazine, was again strongly represented with an impressive stand and its charming staff. “The Moscow International Investment Show is very important for us, we meet with many of present and future advertisers and as the main sponsor we are able to ensure that every visitor receives a copy of our latest issue. This is a highly targeted audience and therefore produces excellent results for our advertisers” – reported Natalie Kovaleva Project Manager for International Residence Magazine.
As could be seen by the crowds at the show the interest in investing abroad continues to grow in Russia and International Residence used this opportunity to gather market research and compile statistics from this focused audience.
- 60% of those interviewed stated that they are more interested in residential real estate abroad, 16% were looking for commercial and the remaining 24% were undecided.
- Asked when they were intending to buy, 47% replied within the next 12 months, 44% within 1-2 years and 9% indicated later
- As to the value of the projected purchases 24% are looking for investments up to €100,000 , 26% from €100,000 to €250,000, a further 26% from €250,000 to €500,000, 16% from €.500,000 to €1 million and 8% looking to invest more than €1 million
- When asked if they would be seeking a mortgage for the purchase 46% indicated that this was a possibility, 38% stated categorically no to a mortgage and 16% were undecided. Most stated that they would only consider a mortgage from a foreign bank
- The question of which countries were of most interest to them, produced some interesting results:- Spain 21%, Bulgaria 16%, Italy 12%, Thailand/China/Malaysia 11%, France 8%, Germany 7%, Turkey 6%, Cyprus 6%, Montenegro 5%, Greece 4% and Latvia 3%. Also of interest were Czech Republic, Croatia, United Kingdom, Portugal, Slovakia, Holland and Dominican Republic.
The Next shows where International Residence is the main media partner for winter 2010/11 are scheduled as such
- ST. PETERSBURG INTERNATIONAL PROPERTY SHOW 15 – 16 October 2010
- MOSCOW INTERNATIONAL PROPERTY SHOW 12 – 13 November 2010
- BULGARIAN PROPERTY SALON 11 – 12 February 2011
- MOSCOW INTERNATIONAL INVESTMENT SHOW 11 – 12 March 2011
- ST. PETERSBURG INTERNATIONAL PROPERTY SHOW 01 – 02 April 2011
- MOSCOW INTERNATIONAL PROPERTY SHOW 08 – 09 April 2011
- GOLF & LUXURY PROPERTY SHOW 22 – 23 April 2011
aiGroup is a Moscow based company that has been at the leading edge of innovation and development in the overseas property market from Russia since 1992. With more than 18 years experience in the developing Russian markets, aiGroup is highly qualified to offer you effective marketing solutions. By building on the experience of the early ‘pioneer’ days, the company has established a desirable position of strength within the real estate & investment and tourism & golf markets.